What’s up people?? I am sticking to my guns and as promised will be providing you with another tasty squash recipe. I don’t have a whole lot of time to dedicate to today’s post so I’m keeping this short and simple – like the recipe itself!
Baked Acorn Squash “Fries”
What you’ll need:
- one acorn squash
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the acorn squash in half. Scoop out the guts and seeds.
- Place acorn squash cut side down and slice horizontally to keep the scalloped edges (because they’re pretty – duh).
- Cut the slices in half for smaller “fries”.
- Place the squash on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Toss the squash around a bit to coat.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until tender (baking time may vary based off of the thickness of your squash slices). The parmesan cheese should be a bit crispy and golden brown when done.
These “fries” are almost as addicting as the real thing. They were supposed to be a side dish, but the husby and I ended up standing over the stove and eating every last one in a few minutes. Which I was completely okay with.