I foresee lunch being a difficult time of day for me. It’s the middle of the day, I’m usually low on energy, and I start craving salty, crunchy food. Who doesn’t love a big sandwich on thick sliced, toasted bread or a handful of crispy potato chips for lunch?? I was starving on my way home from summer school and knew I had to think of a meal plan before I got home or risk binging on the last sleeve of Ritz crackers I found in the back corner of my pantry. I had tuna wraps in mind, but my plan quickly dissolved after realizing we were out of tuna. Things got a bit dramatic. Then my brilliant husband decided to cook up some chicken instead and we ended up eating a delicious and very satisfying lunch! So here you go, my take on a carb free, non-processed lunch!
Chicken Avocado Lettuce Wraps
What you’ll need:
- 2 small cooked chicken breasts
- 1 large avocado
- lime juice
- fresh cilantro
- red onion
- romaine lettuce
What to do:
- Cook chicken breasts as desired. My husband seasoned ours with salt and pepper and grilled it. We added some poultry seasoning as it was cooking. You could easily cook it in a pan on the stove or bake in the oven before adding it to the wrap.
- Slice up the chicken and allow it to cool slightly.
- Dice avocado into 1/2 inch cubes and sprinkle salt and lime juice over the top. Toss to coat evenly.
- Roughly chop 1-2 tbs of fresh cilantro.
- Finely slice about 1 tbs of red onion.
- Place chicken on a large romaine lettuce leaf and top with avocado, red onion, and cilantro.
- Eat! I served mine with fresh strawberries on the side and it was a very cool, refreshing lunch on this hot day!